The SPARC has a wide variety of classes/activities for a wide range of people ranging in age from toddlers to seniors. Please feel free to download our monthly SCHEDULE for your reference of the classes/activities that we are offering this month.
List of classes/activities:
- Acro Jam
- Adult Pick-up Basketball (18+) *Wed from 6-7am & Sun from 1:45-3:45pm*
- Adult Roller Skating Basics (18+) *Tues & Thurs from 6:45-8:15pm – $3 skate rentals allowed*
- Connections (homeschool) Open Gym
- Disc Golf Putting (18+) *NEW – Sat from 6-8pm (starts 1/16/21)*
- Dry-land Hockey (HHA 18U Midget – CLOSED SESSION) *Tues & Thurs from 4:15-5:15pm – ends Thurs 1/7*
- Flex School PE
- Heidi’s Booty Camp (Fitness class) *Tues & Thurs from 5:30-6:30pm & Sat from 7:30-8:30am (Kids are NOT allowed while in the RED — as of 10/20/20)*
- Jr. High Girls Basketball *Wed from 6:30-7:30pm & Sat from 4-5pm (runs from 12/12/20 to 1/9/21)*
- Little League Baseball
- Open Baseball (MS & HS only) *Mon & Wed from 4:15-6:15pm*
- Open Gym (Adults & Youth)
- Parent/Child Playgroup
- Party/Private Rentals *Saturday’s from 12-2pm – MAX 25 pp total*
- Pickleball (Singles) *Available 6 days a week*
- Roller Derby (Spit City Sirens)
- Roller Skating (& skating parties)
- Soccer/Futsal (14+) *Wed from 7:45-9:15pm & Sun from 6-8pm*
- Soccer/Futsal (Youth)
- Tai Chi & Qigong (18+) *5-wk Workshop Friday’s from 1:30-2:30pm – ON HOLD UNTIL SPRING 2021*
- Touch Rugby (14+)
- Walk/Run (14 laps equals a mile) *Available 6 days a week – AM & early PM & late PM*
- Walk With A Doc – Starts Jan. 2nd – WWAD will be sponsoring an hour of FREE walking from 9-10am (1st & 3rd Saturdays of the month), with the Dr. portion of it being available virtually (until further notice)
- Youth Ultimate Frisbee (ages 14-18 only) *NEW – Friday’s from 4-5pm (no class 12/25, 1/1 & 1/8)*
- Zumba (with Gretchen/Maria) *Friday’s from 5:15-6:15pm — $6 class ($3 to SPARC & $3 to Gretchen/Maria)*
Due to Covid 19, decreased attendance, the school year starting and now being in the RED again, we have limited activities (seen in BOLD above) available at this time. We continue to have one private party rental time on the schedule on Saturday’s from 12 to 2pm (NEW PROTOCOL – MAX 25 people total). NOTE: We ask that rental groups be from the same social circle or masks & social distancing will be enforced. Also, an additional Covid 19 waiver will need to be signed from every family in the group. If you are interested in the possibility of renting our facility for a private party, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 907-299-5115.
As of now, Heidi’s Booty Camp is the only class where children are allowed (see the extra protocols posted), but we are currently looking to add some more safe kid-friendly activities to the schedule very soon. (Last updated 11/1/20)
Homer’s first multi-sport indoor sports facility serving all ages.
It’s 75 feet wide and 159 feet long.
It’s dry, bright, and huge.
SPARC’s giant indoor space gives the Homer community a huge, indoor, multi-sport play-field. It gives our kids and families a place for soccer, roller skating, basketball, baseball, fitness, pickleball, yoga and much more. It’s also the perfect facility to have events and birthday parties, both large and small. It helps give our kids options against substance addiction, and our seniors have a place for indoor walking.