The SPARC has a wide variety of classes/activities for a wide range of people ranging in age from toddlers to seniors. Please feel free to download our monthly FEBRUARY 2023 SCHEDULE for your reference of the classes/activities that we are offering this month.
List of classes/activities:
- Adult & HS Futsal/Soccer (14+) – *Tues, Thurs & Sun from 6:45-8:45pm*
Adult/HS Pick-up Basketball (14+)
- Adult/HS Ultimate Frisbee (14+) – *Mondays & Wednesdays from 7:30-9:00pm*
Adult Roller Skating Basics (18+)–*ALL Roller Skating is CXL’D, effective 3/28/22, due to insurance reasons…we’re looking into bringing it back early ’23!*
- Badminton – *Mondays from 5:30-7:15pm — Returns 2/6*
- Beginner Zumba w/ Maria (Adults & Teens – 14+) – *Thursdays from 1:45-2:45pm – $5 class ($3 to SPARC & $2 to Instructor) — Kids are allowed*
- Connections Gym Time (FREE for homeschool families ONLY) – *Tues & Thurs from 12-1:30pm*
- Disc Golf Putting (14+) – *Saturdays from 5:45-7:45pm*
Dodgeball Dry-land Hockey (HHA) Elements Kickboxing w/ Ian Pelman (PRIVATE CLASSES – Youth & Adults)– ON HOLD UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE Fitness Kickboxing (12+) w/ Ian Pelman– ON HOLD UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE Flex School PE (PRIVATE/CLOSED SESSIONS)
- Heidi’s Booty Camp (Fitness class for all levels) – *Tues & Thurs from 5:30-6:30pm — Kids are allowed*
Jr. High Girls Basketball
- Kachemak Bay Running Club (PRIVATE SESSIONS) – *Mon & Wed from 4:14-5:15pm*
- Lil’ Dribblers (basketball for kids ages 5-8) – *Mondays from 3:15-4pm*
- Little League Baseball (~10+) – *Saturdays from 3:30-5:30pm*
Open Baseball (13+)
- Open Gym (Youth & Adults) *Tues & Thurs from 3-5pm*
Open Mat (Youth & Adults)
- Parent Tot Playgroup – *Tues & Thurs from 10am-11:30am and Sat from 10:30am-12pm*
- Party/Private Rentals – *Saturdays from 12:30-2:30pm (1-hr. min, extended time available — please contact us for more rental space availabilities) – ADD’L Rental space on Sunday has been ADDED this winter!*
- Pickleball (Adults) – *Mon, Wed, Fri & Sun from 10am-12pm*
- PRIDE Open Gym (PRIVATE SESSIONS) – *Wednesdays from 1:45-2:45pm*
Roller Derby(Spit City Sirens) Roller Skating (& skating parties)*CXL’D effective 3/28/22 due to insurance reasons – hopefully this will not be permanent!*
- SPH Community Yoga (4-wk March Workshop) *SPH is sponsoring an hour of FREE Community Yoga on Wednesday’s from 6-7pm w/ instructor ________– Returns in March & April*
SPH Wellness Walks (prev. called Walk with a Doc) *SPH is sponsoring an hour of FREE walking from 9-10am (2nd Saturday of the month)– *CXL’D UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE!*
- SPROUT – *SOME Tuesdays from 10:30-11:30am (joining our Parent Tot Playgroup class) – Red will be there with special kids activities on 1/10 & 1/24*
Teen Pick-up Basketball (7th-12th grade) Touch Rugby (14+) Volleyball
- Walk/Run (14 laps equals a mile) – * Available 5 days a week — Mon-Fri from 8:30-9:45am & Mon/Wed/Fri from 12:15-1:30pm — WE ARE ADDING PM WALKING CLASS on Mondays from 5:30-7:00pm – Starting 2/6 (at the same time as Badminton class)*
- Youth Futsal/Soccer — available through Homer United FC (homerunitedfc.org)
- Zumba w/ Gretchen (Adults & Teens – 14+) – *Fridays from 5:15-6:15pm – $6 class ($3 to SPARC & $3 to Instructor) — Kids are allowed*
Zumba w/ Jessi (Adults & Teens – 14+)– *ON HOLD UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE*
Homer’s first multi-sport indoor sports facility OPEN YEAR-ROUND serving all ages.
It’s 75 feet wide and 159 feet long.
It’s dry, bright, and HUGE.
SPARC’s giant indoor space gives the Homer community a huge, indoor, multi-sport play-field. It gives our kids and families a place for soccer, basketball, baseball, fitness, pickleball, yoga and much more. It’s also the perfect facility to have events and birthday parties, both large and small. It helps give our kids options against substance addiction, and our seniors have a place for indoor walking.